Monday, March 7, 2011

Worst Week Ever

Man!! You know what? I'm super happy!! Even though I don't really feel like it sometimes... God is so awesome!!! So yesterday, I went to a church I hadn't been to before with one of my buddies, and it was really cool. The worship music was slightly different than what I'm used to, but it was still good, genuine worship, so it was awesome. Then I went home to drop off some laundry (hey, I'm in college), and then went up to Chris' place to go to The Austin Stone. I went just to talk to them about Zambia, but also for the service (last time I went was a long time ago, but it was awesome). The worship was awesome, the service was awesomer, but really tough. Like, it's making me look at... everything... I don't know, it's weird, but I've been thinking about it a lot since then (which was barely more than 24 hours ago). It was about "election," (or it was called something like that), which is the belief that God predestines people to be saved. This guy basically just read scripture and said "Look, see what it says here? Yeah..." I don't really know how to adequately explain what all he said. Basically, it's like, God chooses to save us. It's all Him; we have nothing to do with our being saved. Like, we can't even choose to accept Him, because then some credit would go to us. Without Christ, if we are given the choice between God or sin, we'll choose sin every single time. I don't know if I'm explaining that right... I don't really know. I'm still trying to sort everything out myself. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think. It's a tough topic, though, and I bet it'll be pretty touchy with most people. Please don't start bashing anyone or anything like that. We're saved by Christ's sacrifice, and our sole purpose is to bring Him glory. That's all that matters.

Anyways, after the service, I went to eat with the group I rode with, and then everyone got dropped off, Chris and I being last. So, I didn't even leave Chris' place till like 11:20, and I don't think I left Buda until 12:15 or so, but then I had to stop on the way because I was running out of gas. I got to sleep sometime around 3:20. But that's ok, because I was able to take a bag-in this morning :) I got up at 8:15 for Army, though, and it turned out I could've slept in until 10:45 and not missed

anything. Oh well. It just means I need to go to sleep... now... Oh, the life of a Corps person. So, I have a Chem test Thursday, along with a quiz in theater over a play I haven't read yet... the next two days are going to be wonderful...

Speaking of which, we're playing music from the Wizard of Oz in our next concert, and the tubas have a soli for If I Only Had a Brain. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I visited a church a few weeks ago, and that sermon was about election too... It made me think a *lot*, but I really didn't know what to make of it all, so I made the chicken decision and made myself stopp thinking about it. :) So basically, I don't know... I used to not believe in it (or not how they explained it at least...), but now I'm honestly not sure what to think... :/ Your welcome for my helpful opinion :) I want other people to comment...

    ReplyDelete