Friday, February 12, 2010

Joy to the World

I'm starting this now, but I'm probably going to come back and finish it later. There's a lot to be happy about in this world. I'm surprised I'm just now finding this out. If you're sad, think about happy things... for example, a song I really like just started playing on KLove. It's actually the song that's playing right now, if you haven't stopped the music player at the bottom of this page. That makes me happy.

Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't ever be sad. I get sad a lot. But while there's plenty to make you sad, there's so much to be happy about, too. Think about the Olympics going on right now. I don't even know why, but just thinking about them makes me happy. Imagine doing something really great. One of my life goals, as of about 10 minutes ago, is to one day carry the Olympic torch. They do a relay which involves thousands of people. This year was the longest relay held entirely within the host country thus far. Canada is pretty big. But I don't care. I want to carry that torch someday. Think about funny things that you've done with friends, or, better yet, plan something really fun to do with friends. I won't tell you what just yet, but Chad and I are planning on doing something really cool sometime soon. It's going to be epic and amazingly awesome. You could make something great for someone. It doesn't take a lot of money (it might), but if you put work and imagination into a gift, it's very special and personal. Plus it can be just plain cool. Do what I do, and try to make something that that person will use, or display somewhere, and laugh or smile every time they use or look at it. They don't have to think about you specifically, either, just make something that makes them smile. Pray. If prayer doesn't make you happy, then you need to be praying anyway. Praising Jesus brings the deepest, most fulfilling joy I've ever experienced. Find a hobby. Make some music. Write a blog! Just don't worry, be happy. Even forcing yourself to smile can help. But if you're down, definitely find some friends, and just talk. You don't even need to say that you're sad, just talk to a friend. I'm willing to bet that will make you happy. But the point of this isn't just to cheer you up if you're sad. There's no reason to wait until you're sad to try to be happy. Just be happy!

Here's a joke that I really want to tell as soon as I get the chance:

You have to be in a restaurant, or similar setting.

"How do you sell a deaf person a chicken?"

"I don't know. How?"

"DO YOU WANT TO BUY A CHICKEN!!??"

I'm gonna do it! I can't wait! If I were you, I wouldn't go anywhere quiet with me for a little while...

No comments:

Post a Comment