Sunday, February 21, 2010

High five!

You know, time only flies when you look back on something. Like, that footprints poem, about the guy dreaming about walking down the beach with God, leaving footprints in the sand. When you're walking, each step is, well, just one step. But then, you look back, and you see a long trail. It actually makes me think of calculus (yes, this does make me a nerd). Whenever I'm working on homework or whatever, each operation, or even each problem, is not all that much by itself. Sometimes it's just a couple numbers, and that's it. But then, after a while, I look back on the pages I've completely filled with numbers an symbols and variables, and I wonder how my hand didn't cramp up while writing all that. Look back on your life. I'm only 19, but that's still plenty of footprints, or calculus notebooks. The thing is, though, it all happened one step at a time. Unless you bunny hop, you're only setting one foot down after another. I guess you kinda have to take everything in a similar way. I know I have trouble just multi tasking simple things, like thinking and talking. It seems like either my brain is running, or my mouth is. My ears get caught in the crossfire sometimes, too. I don't really know where I'm going with this. Just a thought I had. I don't know. I guess we should pay attention to what we should be focused on at the moment. The future is good to look forward, and to plan for, but you have to make sure you know what you're doing now, cuz that sets up the future. You don't want to be giving directions out of town to the person you should be riding with.

Sore muscles. If you learn from sore muscles, I should be a genius pretty soon. Nothing like going from never doing pull ups, to doing a total of about 60 in one workout. Maybe half were actually good ones, though. At least my legs aren't too sore. We're running tomorrow. I think it'll be pretty cool. Friday was a really good day. Got my scholarship letters turned in, called my mom to say happy birthday, we got the right to wear our GM cords (don't ask, just accept), hanging out. It was all pretty great. Went shooting with my dad and brothers this evening. That was fun. I found out that I'm actually pretty bad with a handgun, cuz I never shoot one, but I grouped the sks (Russian military rifle) pretty well...at 15 yards... But anyways, it was lots of fun. I had bbq, too. And pie. I like pie.

Potatoes (is there supposed to be that e there?) make a really good lunch on the go.

If you're running for some kind of political thing, and you stand outside the voting place and shake my hand and say hi and act real nice to me right before I go in and vote, I just might vote for you. Course, if you read my blog, I'll probably vote for you anyway.

I write random things like this partly because I want anyone who reads this to laugh or smile at least one, but mostly because I can't think of anything else to say, but I don't feel like I'm done yet.

I'm doing this on my iPod again, and it's kinda tough. Was my last post on my iPod, too?

I do pt. Why? To make my body stronger, so I can do even more pt. Duh...

Schlotzky's or IHOP?

If you put a sign on your car that says "Ask me about GIRL SCOUT COOKIES," you'll get "Hey, what's that on your car?" more than you will anything about cookies.

My scout may be roadworthy sometime soon. I'm considering starting a second blog about my progress on it, complete with pictures and 3 months between each post. Everyone else does it.

Saw an old Corvette on the road today. I was looking at it as we passed it, and the driver looked at me, so I smiled and gave him a thumbs up. He nodded and returned the smile and gesture. It made me happy.

I told myself I would get to sleep by 3... Yeah...

Sometimes I wonder where my life is going. Ok, I almost always wonder where my life is going. I mean, being in college means that you're thinking about your future. That's why you're there. But I don't know. Remember what I said about giving directions to the person you should be with. I've done that. You get so caught up in what needs to be done that you forget about what you need to be doing. But I guess I'm also talking about long term planning, as well. I kinda feel like I just went to college because "that's what you do after high school." I don't know why I want to be a nuclear engineer. In fact, and don't tell this to anyone, I'm not even sure I do want to be a nuclear engineer! Even more important, I don't know what God wants me to do. I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track, at least, because I haven't felt Him telling me any different. Maybe it's just not time for me to know yet. Read Hannah's blog, if you haven't yet. I think that's what started me thinking about this. I don't know. I think about all of the unknowns ahead of me, and I get nervous, anxious, impatient, everything. I wanna know what's going to happen, but it's kinda like when you're on a train, and the only time you can see what's going on with the train is when there's a turn ahead. A little glimpse at where you'll be next. But whatever happens, you aren't driving, so why should you worry about what's ahead? Don't you trust the Driver? One of the many quotable things I've heard my scoutmaster say is this, which he said on a long van ride to Colorado: "I can't sleep in a car unless I'm driving." Arent we like that with life sometimes? The only person you can trust in the driver's seat enough to relax with is yourself, yet you've got the best in the world behind the wheel. That should be enough for you to sleep, even if it is a kind of bumpy ride. Sleep. Something I should do now...

Hope you enjoyed.

Peace. Oh, and love. And U-turns...

No comments:

Post a Comment