Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gotta catch some sleep

I just spent...a long time... looking for a Pokemon layout for my blog. Yes, Pokemon. Why? I have absolutely no idea. I don't even want to know how long I spent on this fruitless search. I found plenty, but none of them worked. I'm pretty bad at this HTLM stuff. html... whatever... I'm just bad at all this formatting. I guess that's one reason I prefer facebook over myspace. They format your profile page for you. It's so much easier that way. Myspace is so complicated, and it's so much less fun. I pulled three surveys off of there the other day, though. Probably the first time I logged on in at least three months.

I'm still home. Went to the doctor today. She was really nice. Put me on antibiotics. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon. I just hope this vertigo goes away pretty soon. I can't hardly walk right now. I can make it to the bathroom, or the kitchen, or even upstairs, alright, but I don't think I could walk for a very long time without sitting down, or sit down for extended periods of time without laying down. That won't do for college. I can get away with walking in the dorms and stuff, cuz I have a note, but I'm not too sure about walking all the way to class. Some of them are pretty far. Maybe I'll just tough it out. Then again, it doesn't matter how tough I am if I can't walk in a straight line. Maybe I should just drop out and find some career that doesn't involve a college degree... No, I'm just kidding. Don't worry, I'll stay in college.

I did talk to dad once about doing something besides being a nuclear engineer. It's not like that's set in stone at this point anyway. Is your life ever set in stone? I guess pretty much the only thing you can be sure about in life is death, and with how things are looking now, even that might not happen for some of us. But anyway, I think it would be great just to have something that I love to do, that has nothing to do with money or income. I guess you could consider it a hobby, but I'm talking on a larger scale. In this case, my dad and I were talking about owning and running a camp. Now, maybe I couldn't both own and run a camp, along with being a nuclear engineer, but I'm sure I could at least help out at one. We got onto this topic because I mentioned that I'm not sure if being an engineer is what I really love to do, and I want to have a job in a field that I love, not just one that makes me a lot of money. I don't think I've ever talked to someone who regretted getting a job they loved because of low pay. Yeah, there are plenty of people who wish that the jobs they have would pay more, but they still love their job enough to stick with it. I love working at the camp. Everything about it. The people, the animals, the campfires, the smells, the sounds, the games, stories, snacks, songs, and the amazing presence of God in such a beautifully isolated sanctuary. Every opportunity to visit that place is such a blessing to me. When I told my dad about that, he suggested I invest in a camp someday. Now that was an idea! I could be a part of making and managing the thing that I love! Oh, it seemed like such a great idea, it couldn't be real. I still can't imagine it could actually happen. But then again, that dream is what the Seales are living. Sometimes I try to imagine waking up and having to go feed the chickens and the horses (sometimes when I'm there I don't have to imagine!), having your summer job be right outside your door, and going to sleep next to campers in bunks just a few hundred feet from your bedroom. I'm sure they would say that it's not all as extravagant as I'm making it seem right now - after all, the grass is always greener on the other side, right? - but I still think it would be pretty great. Oops, it looks like my secret's out now. The Seales know how cool I think they are. I guess I'd better not tell them how serious I was about adopting me...

No comments:

Post a Comment