Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Haha, I look back up at the title of this blog, and I realize that I couldn't have picked a better one. This is my third attempt at starting this post. I'll be surprised if it makes it. I don't know why I'm writing, other than the fact that I don't want to do my math homework. I'll get a due date extension. I'm sick, they'll have pity on me. I hope...

This week has crawled by. I found that the weeks so far this semester were actually moving by faster than I expected, but this week has crawled by. It's probably just because I'm sick, and all I've done since Friday night is lay around on the couch or my bed, eat, play some wii, sleep, eat, play on my ipod, eat, sleep, play wii, sleep... somehow I've managed to keep my devotionals going, but they been hardly anything more than scribbling down whatever semblances of thoughts I have at the moment before falling back into the sleepy stupor I was in before. All of this just makes me even more anxious to get out of this world, and out of this frail, vulnerable body. Paul said somewhere, I can't find it right now, that we'll inherit bodies that are like Christ's. I thought that was pretty cool. He didn't mean like Jesus' body when He was here on earth, either, but like His in heaven. I look forward to that. No more sickness, no more injuries, no more pt...

Ooh, so I got the surround sound system hooked up on Saturday. It's pretty tight. The bass is really nice. 700 watts, I think...

At the hospital, the nurse gave me this stuff called dilotin (I don't know how it's spelled, but it's pronounced dil-OT-in), which he said is ten times stronger than morphine. Yeah. Think about that for a second. Morphine is pretty strong stuff. The guy put this stuff in the IV, and then, about a minute later, it's almost like fire is going across my chest, then up towards my head. I got this crazy head rush, and it felt like someone was pulling me back into the pillow. From the time I first felt it in my chest, for the rest of the night, I kept moving my legs, whether I was thinking about it or not. I was high for like an hour after that. When the guy came in to take me to x-ray my neck to check for some kind of infection, after proper introduction ("Hi, what's your name? My name is Brandon, it's nice to meet you..."), I started talking to him about the musical I was missing, how I was feeling, and stuff like that. He was a really nice guy. His name was Michael...

If you're still reading this, you must either be really bored, or you have a weird sense of humor, like me. Or maybe you just like me that much. :) Thanks.

Are smileys allowed in blogs? Are there any rules for blogs? I saw this cooking blog once that had a post about what kind of stuff you should eat when you're sick. The requirements looked so difficult to fulfill that it seemed to me it would be worse for you to make that food than it would be just to eat whatever you have in the fridge. I would just keep a good stock of canned soup for whenever you're under the weather...

I think I had a point for starting this post, but I can't remember what it was now. It may have just been to complain about how bad I feel, but then I didn't want to just complain, cuz no one wants to listen to someone else complain about how they feel, and it's not good to complain anyway. So, I was gonna turn it into a motivational post about how we'll get new bodies in heaven. I think you saw where that went. It's all Hannah's fault. I just read her new post, and whenever I read one of her blog posts, it makes me want to go and write a really thoughtful, inspiring post of my own, but they never turn out quite like hers do. Just look at this one. I don't even think I want to go back and read it now. I'm scared to...

Have you ever played Donkey Kong 64? That was a cool game...

No comments:

Post a Comment