Monday, February 28, 2011

Ima try and post something every day, or almost every day, just to talk about what God did that day. Kinda like a journal, or more like a log. Brandon's Log. That's too long for the interweb... Brog? No, that's weird... Blog... Yeah, I'll call it a blog!

So, today was Sunday. The highlight of today was the band concert. It was really cool, especially because God worked it out so that Brian could go and see it. John came with me early because he had homework, though, so he was with BA before the concert. He told John to sit outside of the theater until he finished his homework, then come inside for the concert. John missed the whole thing. Yeah, I got pretty mad about that. I really need to forgive Bert (Bert Allen, BA, whatever you want to call him. I always call him Bert Allen, but that's a lot to type, so BA) for that. It's tough, though, which is weird for me. I normally don't have any problem at all forgiving someone for something they did against me. You could do just about anything to me, and I'll forgive you in a heartbeat. This was to John, though, and I think that's why I had such a big problem with it. BA said he didn't think it would take that long for John to finish his homework. First of all, it's John. He spends a lot of time on his homework. And second, it doesn't even make sense to me how you couldn't think to say "And if you don't finish before the concert starts, put it down and you can finish afterwards." I seriously don't understand how he could've just said "Stay out here til you finish your homework" to John. If it seems like I'm being unreasonable, consider that we're brothers. It's not like he's a stranger. He should know enough about his own brother to know that if he tells him "Stay out here until you finish your homework," then he is going to stay there until he finishes his homework or is told something else. He wanted to see the concert, but he missed the whole thing! John rode two hours to college station, just to sit right outside the theater doing homework during the concert that he rode two hours to see! All because BA didn't use some common sense!! And the worst part is that he does this all the time!!... Yeah, I'm still a little bitter. I'll call him up tomorrow and talk about it, straighten everything out. We kinda ended the conversation about it with me angrily stating exactly what he did and turning away to slam my tuba case shut. We dropped it and moved on, but we never resolved it. I don't know, it just makes me mad, mainly because I can't understand how you can do that. Like it doesn't make sense to me. But whatever. My dad said he recorded the concert. Maybe we can use this whole thing as a lesson for John in independence (He should have put down his homework and gone inside when he heard the concert starting, if he did). Oh well, what's done is done.

On the bright side, today was an overall good day. Concert went well, spent time with my family, got some groceries (BA got them for me. See, he's a good guy! He just doesn't think sometimes...), went back to the dorms and... that's about it... :D Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment