Monday, February 7, 2011

So, as I say in every post, I'll make this one quick. I've just had something on my mind lately, and I wanted to blog about it. So, let me tell you about Tangled.

Tangled is an awesome movie. Just sayin'. If you haven't seen it (yet), slap yourself, and go watch it. If it's too late and it's not in theaters anymore, slap yourself again and get it when it comes out on DVD. It's basically just another typical Disney movie, except funnier and awesomer. But there's one thing in particular about it that has stuck out to me. I didn't really know why I liked this particular movie so much, but, after watching it a second time with some buddies on Friday night, I think I have realized what it is. Rapunzel has really stuck out to me in this movie. I really liked her, and I didn't really know exactly why, but now I think it's this: she's just so innocent. I mean, that's to be expected of someone locked in a tower for her whole life (talk about sheltered), but I mean, she's genuinely innocent, and I think that's really cool. I don't know how other Disney princesses are, because the last time I watched one of those movies I was too young to notice something like that anyway. So maybe that's why this movie stuck out to me, but whatever. I just think it's so cool that she's so untainted by the world. I know her mom locks her in the tower because of that (or at least that's what she says, but whatever), but I still think it's cool. But anyway, think about Rapunzel. She doesn't judge anyone, or talk bad about them, or anything like that. It doesn't even cross her mind. She doesn't even understand the weird faces that Flynn makes to her, and she gets a whole bar of tough guys to sing and a whole town to have an awesome time at the festival, all because she doesn't see things in the crooked way the rest of the world does. She wouldn't have had anything to do with those guys at the Snuggly Duckling (I'm going to open a restaurant and name it that) if she had judged them by their outward appearances. I just think that that's really cool, how she was like that. So yeah, maybe we could all learn a lesson from Rapunzel...





... always keep a frying pan handy.


No comments:

Post a Comment