Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Just wait.

Sorry I haven't blogged much lately. I don't really know what to say. There's been a lot going on, mostly good stuff, but I don't know what all to write about. Camp is about to start (super exciting!!!), but I can only go to one 3 day camp before I leave for Zambia next Thursday (also super exciting!!!), and then summer goes crazy. Unless I find some time to post stuff from Zambia, I probably won't blog again until August. Sorry, but don't say I didn't warn you. Anyway, I guess I should make this one good... yeah, I got nothin'. Sorry. Oh wait, I never talked about the canoe trip with Brian! So we did go on that trip we were talking about, and it was really cool. We saw a dead cow, and an armadillo, and about a million turtles. And we ate a lot of gorp (by "we," I mean just me). Gorp is good ol' raisins and peanuts. What we had was technically gorpmc, though, which is good ol' raisins peanuts m&m's and cranberries. Plus some other stuff. It was good :) It was a really cool trip, and we went about 76 miles down the Colorado River (from Little Webberville in Austin to Plum Park in... wherever it is) in 3 days. Yeah, we're beasts.

Also, yesterday (Sunday yesterday, not technical yesterday, since it's technically Tuesday. I don't care), my dad and I went to College Station, and on the way back, we stopped by the Texas Boot Company in Bastrop to see  what hours they're open. They were closed, and didn't have an hours sign up, but there were some people inside, so I tried to open the door to poke my head in and ask for hours, but it was locked. The guy that was inside opened the door, invited us to come in and shop for a while (even though I told him we just wanted to look around), and started talking to us. Turns out it was the owner, who had stopped by for a minute because his wife had to use the restroom. They're really cool people. They're Christians, and he's an Aggie (I didn't ask what year). They had actually just opened up a dance hall in the back of the store for Aggies to stop at on the way to games from San Antonio and Austin. I started talking to his wife about Camp Winchester, and Zambia, and it turns out she knows one or two people who went or are going on the same thing I'm going on (Camp LIFE). Then the guy gave me a bunch of coupons for the camp staff. It was pretty crazy, most of all because I know it was God's doing. See, we wouldn't have met them if we had been just a few minutes earlier or later, and we had missed the store the first time around and had to loop around the highway again to get back to it. Also, they used to have a sign with their hours posted, but it got old, so they had recently taken it down... Haha yeah, I know. And then, one more thing. I wanted to tell people about it (I don't really know why), so I told Brian, but then I also wanted to tell Hannah (I don't really know why), but instead of just telling her about meeting the owners, I told her to tell anyone at camp that wanted new boots that I have coupons (I don't really know why). She texted me back to tell me that she needs to get some boots, and she was going to go this week. Haha isn't God funny sometimes? (I mean literally funny, like humorous. God has a sense of humor, and He's way funnier than you are)


No comments:

Post a Comment