Sunday, May 8, 2011

Busy bee

Are bees really always busy? Or are they any busier than any other animal?

I've been really busy lately, and it doesn't look like it'll let up until... uh... maybe Christmas? Once finals are over next week, and final review and Jaclyn's grad party, Brian (Sowell) and I are going on a canoe trip. For sure. It's gonna happen... we hope. I think it's possible. And after that, I might go backpacking with Brian (Smith), but it looks like we'll be putting that off for a little bit. But all during May, I'll be visiting churches to ask for money (I don't really feel right just walking up and asking for money, though) for Zambia, along with preparing for the trip itself as well. Also, there's a cncert with my (ex)band, staff training, and then camp starts at the end of May, and then I leave for Zambia in June, and I go straight to Missouri for a family reunion once I get back into the country, and then straight to camp once I get back into the state. Until August, it's camp, with a weekend trip in July to the coast with Brian and Daniel (Sowell) and some other guys, and probably working a couple Saturdays at Truck City. I might have a week off after camp ends, but even if I do, it'll be spent packing for school, which I have to move in for early this year. Once school starts, I'll probably be a sleepless hermit for 3 1/2 months, with maybe 2 weekends off, until Christmas break, during which I might take online classes...

Why do I bring all this up? Well, for one thing, I just basically wrote out all my plans for the next 7 or so months, and I can see how crazy they are (I decided while typing all that that I probably shouldn't take online classes this summer). Also, I want you to catch something I just said. All of those things are my plans. That's everything I want to do. Yes, God is a huge part of almost everything I just said - everything if you count the fact that we do everything for the glory of God - but I'm still the one who made all those plans. Even Zambia, though God is telling to go, I've been planning, and seeing how I can make it work. Does this show a lack of faith, planning out my year for myself? Maybe. It really depends on intentions and motivation. I didn't plan everything because I don't think God has a plan, or that His plan isn't good, though. I think (and I'm figuring this all out as I type, I just started this post without any real direction or intention, I just wanted to post something. I need to go to sleep soon. Anyway, I think) I just did it because I wanted to do those things, and because it's habit. We plan stuff out so that we know what's going to happen, and we can be prepared for it. I guess its not wrong to plan on things, as long as you understand that everything happens only inside God's will. Oh, and as long as you keep your schedule flexible...

No comments:

Post a Comment