Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oh man, life is crazy. I don't really have anything to write about, I just don't really have anything else to do. Well, I guess I do, but It's been a while since I've bolrogglgogged. In my last post, I was excited because I was going to leave for Zambia soon. Well, I went to Zambia, and it was amazing. I don't even think I can write about it here, because it just wouldn't do it justice. It would be wrong to try to condense all of that awesomeness into a post or even series of posts on here. If you want to know about it, just set aside an hour or two, or three, and come talk to me and I'll tell you all about it. Otherwise, I'll just tell about stuff from the trip whenever I mention it here, on this blog, on which I post, to here, this blog, right now, and other times, on here. This blogglegog...eroggle.

On a totally random note, I think the movie Courageous is coming out this month, or maybe even in the next week or two. I'm pretty excited about that. It should be really cool.

I'm a junior this year, and it is so cool!! I was having fun basically the moment I got here. It's a little weird, almost like I'm not as much a part of everything, but it's only because we're so much less restrained this year. Less rules to follow, and they're all (or mostly) rules that make sense. Except for having to have the top button done on your clothes. That's kinda dumb. Just the top button must be fastened. And the clothes in your closet have to be in order.

I got to go to first yell last night. It was really cool. Brian Regan (the comedian, not the felon) is really funny.

There's a bunch of stuff that I really need to get done today... including some homework. I need to go get a book for Bible studies with the underclassmen. I had one with the fish this past week. It went really well. Half of it, maybe even more, was spent just chilling with them, giving them a chance to get away from the corps for a while. I think I'm going to show them a funny youtube video next week.

I really like music, but I can't figure out what kind. I guess just about every kind, and what I want to hear at the moment just depends on how I feel and what I've heard lately, and the situation. I love putting in headphones and pretending that your life is a movie and the current track is the background music. Needs more explosions, though.


Everything you just read, or skipped past, I wrote at the beginning of this month, but then I never posted it because I planned on writing more, but never got around to it. Now I'm super busy, so I decided to get onto my blog again. I make so much sense :) Anyways, so yeah, definitely. I'm really tired. I finally got to sit near the front of my materials science class today... and I slept through most of it. And it was a test review. Poop. Anyway, up next is lunch, then canoeing class, then homework/Bible study/Breakaway/sleep. Not necessarily in that order.

Keep your eyes on the lookout and your ears on the... uh, listen up over the next few days and weeks for info on awesome stuff that's going to happen in Zambia. Hopefully we'll have a group from Camp Winchester that wants to go next summer. I'll be sending out an email soon, probably this Friday. If we can get a bunch of people going, that would be super awesome and exciting. Another guy in the band and I are also going to talk to the Aggie Band about it, and maybe we'll get a group from there as well. But, the really exciting thing is something that everyone can be involved in. I'll be sending out more info on this as well, but basically, Family Legacy, the organization that does Camp LIFE, has what they call the Tree of LIFE Childrens' Village. Check it out on their website. It's a home for the most needy orphans, where they are really loved and provided for, and have clothes, food, friends, a good education. It's great. Anyway, it's a series of homes, each housing 14 kids and 2 house mothers. Well, the houses are built off of donated money, and us Aggies here in Aggieland are going to raise the money to build one!! Stay tuned (or following or whatever), and I'll let you know how it goes :) I'm pumped.


Run the Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment