Monday, April 19, 2010

"What's your momma call you?"

"Brandon..."

It's been almost a week since my last post, and so much has changed in that week. If you remember me saying, cuz I'm sure I said it at least a hundred times, I lost my first name once I became a fish. Well, on Friday morning, I started to get it back. But I'm getting ahead of myself. First, the rest of the week...

Monday, the bass fish earned the section. We had finished the last assignment, and we became sophomores in the section. It's pretty cool, because it meant that we got to be almost normal people with the basses, and it was a lot more chill. We still got smoked, though. Anyway, that afternoon, we had the final leg of the platoon competition: the tug of war. My platoon is nicknamed the "fat platoon." On our team of 8 people (I wasn't on it), we had about 1700 pounds. We didn't lose a round (except the one where B-Co played dirty and let go of the rope, then grabbed it and pulled while half of our guys were on the ground, but they lost the round for it anyway). That was pretty fun, and it got me out of doing gc training time. Tuesday was reeallly long, but not all that bad. The Army pt test was pretty rough, though, because of how hot it was at the time. I got a 14:38 on the run, though. I was happy with that. Wednesday was pretty uneventful, except for the juniors' boot run, which was pretty cool, but then Thursday was the longest day of the week. I was already tired, and we lost the bass section after drill, but then I tried to get this form finished to turn it in to the Army, but couldn't finish it in time, so I just went to class, then to the community service thing to replace my restricted weekend, then to the blackbelt band, at which I almost passed out because of how tired I was, then to class, then dinner (the first thing I ate since breakfast), then to cq. I took a free night out to get to sleep early, but got kept up by the bugler grode out (the last time the Corps bugler plays taps before passing on the position, all of the candidates for bugler the next year splash all kinds of nasty stuff on him as he marches back. the whole Corps watches, and yells and whoops the whole time). Then, it was Friday morning.

Friday morning, we were supposed to wake up at 5:35 for drill, but instead, at about 4:30, we all woke up to the sudden screaming of our sophomores. They yelled at us to get out of the bag and get into regular pt gear. We obviously complied, and were led outside, where we formed up behind our CO. He started us running, and our XO started jodying. Then, as we were running around campus, one by one, all the rest of our seniors came out from behind hiding spots and joined us. Then we stopped in front of the Administration building, and there we dropped with our seniors. This means that we know their first names, and they know ours. That's what the "what's your momma call you?" was from. After that, we went to drill, and afterwards, we got smoked a little with the basses, but then they dropped with us, too, and we got the section back. We only got it taken away to freak us out. Training time was canceled that day, and then at midnight yell, we got smoked with the basses to earn our positions for next year. I'm an accountability head, which basically means I take attendance. I got this cool belt buckle for it. Then, Saturday morning, I got sort of aired out. All the gc's except the one who got the position went to Denny's for breakfast. After we got back, we dropped with all of the gc's. So now, I guess I know about half of my upperclassmen's first names. We had the maroon and white football game in the afternoon, and the band played at the end of it. That went pretty well. Then we had outfit dinner. I missed the special Breakaway because of it, which was pretty disappointing, but I'll watch the podcast, I guess. I stayed with my family in a motel that night, and then went to church this morning. We had review in the afternoon. It was retarded. Someone passed out from standing there for so long, and I heard that that happens every year. It also rained a little. I went to dinner with my family afterwards, and Chris and BA and I saw that dragon movie. It was pretty good. Now I'm back here, chilling on the computer. It's late, though, and I want my sleep. Stupid 8 o clock class. Well, that pretty much sums up my week. Now it's two weeks until March to the Brazos, and a week or so after that until dead week. I'm so excited. Summer is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment