Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a good beat is hard to beat

So I figured I do a real quick post, since my last one was the 8 ball instructions, and that was on Sunday. I don't know when the last one before that was, and I don't feel like finding out, either. I'm pretty tired, and I just spent a lot of time on another post, which I'll put up soon, hopefully, so this one will probably actually be quick. Today was a good day. We had platoon competition. Today was the tire flip, where you take this HUGE tire and flip it sideways down the quad. I was part of it for a little, until they saw that I couldn't use my right arm, so they switched me out with someone else. Then we got back a long time before first call, so we had time to get dressed and square away, because it was likely we would get GM. We did (GM inspection is a big inspection of everything - from uniforms to rooms to campusologies - that they do for awards and stuff), which meant we got free flow afterwards as well. Then I got to rebag for almost two hours until my first class. I met Colonel Joe T Haney, the person the drill field is named "in tribute and honor of" before band class. I had a package mailed to me, too, but it was for my brother. Talk about a disappointment. Oh well. It was Wednesday, which meant no training time, and free flow. They had meatloaf. Then Bible study, which was more of just a chat with our chaplain, but it was nice, and worship on the quad. My whitebelt mentor took me and one of my buddies. It was cool. Then I talked to my brother for a while, and now I'm here.

I'm so excited for the end of the year. It's so close. I'm a little worried about what all we have coming up, because I think it includes quite a few smokings, but it really doesn't concern me too much. The only thing I'm really concerned about it my arm. As long as I don't hurt it any more, though, I'm fine. I want to do what I can, but I don't want to find my limits by hurting myself even more.

So yeah, the end of the year is approaching slowly, but it's approaching nonetheless. I can't wait. I already said that, though. I don't care. I can't wait till summer. I'm not sure I got in my camp application, and I don't know how (or even if) this support letter is gonna work out, but God can work miracles. Plus, I just want summer to get here, even if I don't get to work at every camp. I hope I can, though. I could also really use the support money for college. Like I said, though, God can work miracles.

I have a lot that I want to write about, but I'm not really feeling anything specific right now. I guess I've just had a lot going through my head lately. The past day has passed slowly. Silver Taps, which was last night, seems like a week ago. It was a special one for me. I went by myself, because I came from Breakaway. At Breakaway, Ben talked about how everything, that's everything, like, everything that exists or happens or anything, is all from and for the glory of God. Think about that for a minute. That's pretty crazy, but it makes everything make sense. That was what was on my mind and heart during Silver Taps. Silver Taps, if you don't know, is a ceremony held once a month to honor any current students who died during the past month. There's a 21 gun salute, and then taps is played 3 times by 6 buglers. It's a special rendition of taps that's in chords, and it's really cool. So, during this, I was thinking about all that, and it was pretty powerful, and confusing. I mean, when I said everything earlier, I really meant everything. That includes what you eat, how you walk, what you wear. Everything. At Silver Taps, it made me wonder how that fit in. I don't know how, but I'm sure it does somewhere. I don't know where I was going with that, but it is interesting. You can look at anything, and know that it somehow glorifies God. With some things, it's easy, but with others, it can be really confusing. But there's a reason for everything, and now you know what it is. That can really help guide your life. Whenever you make a decision, think about how it glorifies God. Pick the thing that best glorifies Him.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks
    Pommeaux de Douche

    ReplyDelete