Friday, March 5, 2010

but i falter and i fail, and i need You

Wow, it's really been last Wednesday since I've done a blog post? It seems like I wrote that poem yesterday. But then again, Silver Taps seems like a year ago, but that was just Tuesday. It's been a long week, and I have a feeling that next week won't be any shorter. I hope we don't have training time on Friday. That'll help a lot. I don't know. I guess I'm just more than ready for Spring Break. I know I am. I sprained my ankle this morning doing...pt, but I'm not gonna let it stop me from skiing. I have Vicodin. I don't care how much it hurts. I haven't skied in two years. I'm going. Hopefully, though, my ankle will have healed by then, so it won't be an issue anyway. It really wasn't that bad of a sprain. The doctor called it a "mild grade 1 sprain." It's where the ligaments are just stretched too far. He made it sound like it might be mostly healed within a week, if I stay off of it for that time. RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. I haven't done any of that yet. I guess I better start soon.

So, I got myself into something really intense. I can't really explain it, but it's something in the Corps that you earn. Only 5 people in each outfit do it. It lets you do something really special. So, only 20 people in our outfit have that privilege, or will have it, once our class gets it. I'll be one of those 20. It's insanely tough, though. One of the seniors said that it was the toughest thing he had ever done in the Corps. The worst part is, it's 90% physical. That's a lot of pt. I'm simply not that strong, so it's gonna be super tough for me. Idk. I've been told that no one who's done it has regretted it. I already regret it. I don't think I will when it's over, though. I hope not. Idk. I'm gonna need lots of strength during the next several weeks, though. And lots of prayer. I'm gonna find out firsthand how God can give you strength. My thoughts are really detached right now. I don't know. I'm pretty bummed about my ankle, especially with it happening today, on the first day of this, but so close to spring break. I'm lost. I don't know what to do about everything, but no one who I can talk to knows, either. I'm not good with figuring stuff like that out on my own. I'm the kind of person who will ask people in the know about what I'm supposed to do. I guess I like being sure of what I'm doing. Whatever. Ok, I don't really feel into this post, so I'm gonna stop now. I need to focus more, or something. I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment