Friday, December 17, 2010

Wow.

So, after a month of blog silence, I join the ranks of all you people who never update your blogs. My apologies for becoming like you. The only person this excludes is Brian. He updates his blog more than I do (or did), even though it is required for class.

So, anyway, to the blog postingness. I don't know what's happened in the past month. It's been a lot. I've also been asleep for a lot of it. I'd say roughly 10 whole days. Probably less, though. Let's see, Thanksgiving happened again this year. That was cool. Lots of food. On Thanksgiving day, the Aggie Band fed us four times!! We had a huge breakfast (buffet), then they gave us lunch before the parade, then we had a huge Thanksgiving dinner before the game (which we won, by the way!!), and then we had pizza after the game!! It was awesome. The game was really cool, too, even though it was super cold. My hands were numb by halfway through the halftime drill.

So then, dead week happened. That's awesome. If you don't know what dead week is, first go back and read all my old blog posts... There, now you know what dead week is! Isn't it awesome? I told the whole outfit about my Zambia trip at the Christmas dinner, and some people came up and gave me cash right then. It was really encouraging to see. I'll be sending out a support letter soon, hopefully early next week. It's similar to the one I put on here earlier, but I changed a lot, too. That was just the sample letter, without any changes. I'll post the new one once I finish this post. If you're interested in supporting me, and you feel led to, please contact me, or just go to www.camplifezambia.com/brandon but more important than all that, please just pray for me. I think I've been focusing too much on financial support for this when talking about it, instead of simply asking for prayer. So, please pray for me, whether you give or not, because that support is even more valuable. God can handle a little cash just fine.

Also, on a more recent note, I'm going to be working for a company called Vector over the Christmas break. Maybe you've heard of it. They sell Cutco knives. I won't be a door-to-door salesman or telemarketer, though. What I'll do is meet with people, show them the knives, and then ask them to recommend people for me to call. They tell the people to expect a call, I call them, set up a meeting, and do the whole thing with them, too. I should be able to make a pretty decent amount of money from it over the break, and I plan on using most or all of it (after tithes, of course, and gas money if I need it) for my Zambia trip. I really do not want to be a salesman, though, so I'm only doing this over the break. If it works out pretty well, though, the guy said I could keep working for them, which I hope means I can come back next Christmas break if I need to. But I'm definitely not doing it while in school, no matter how flexible it is. But, the Cutco knives are really good quality, so I don't mind selling them, because it's not a scam or anything. So if you want some high quality kitchen knives, just let me know.

Well, I'm off for Christmas break, so let me know if you want to hang out or anything. I'm pretty free in general. I have to go right now, though. Thanks for reading! I hope to update more often, but if I don't before next Saturday, Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment