Monday, November 15, 2010

"So what's up with Zambia?" you might ask...

Dear everyone reading this,

I am so excited to share some amazing news with you!!  Over the last few months and through a series of providential occurrences, God has deeply laid it on my heart that I am to go and minister to the orphan children of Zambia, Africa this summer!

Zambia is a landlocked country located in south central Africa.  Zambia has a population of 12 million people, but a full 1 million of these people are, in fact, children who have been orphaned due to the ravages of AIDS and other extreme poverty-related diseases.  The U.N. says that Zambia has the highest per capita orphan rate in the world, and ABCNEWS recently did a whole documentary on the plight of these children.   And although Zambia is some 10,000 miles away and seemingly forgotten, these children are ever before the heart of God.  And as such, God has now laid that burden on my heart.

I will be going to minister to the orphaned and vulnerable children of Zambia through an organization called Family Legacy Missions International based in Dallas, TX.  Family Legacy Missions International (FLMI) is a federally qualified, tax-exempt public charity whose mission is to alleviate the suffering of children on the other side of the world in Africa, while bringing the Good News of the Kingdom of God to them.   We will be working directly with the orphans each day:  playing games, teaching Bible lessons, singing songs, and just plain hugging and loving the kids.  Everyday, we will bus all of the orphan children into a giant recreation facility and give them an incredible day of discipleship, counseling, food, fun, and love – all in the name of Jesus!!

Yes, I am writing you today to ask you to partner with me on this incredible investment for eternity.  God has called me to go and I have committed to trust Him and follow His lead.  But going is only part of the investment required to serve these children.  Those who can’t go, but can pray for and financially support those who do go are fully equal co-laborers in this ministry project. 

The total cost for this trip is $ ­­­­5,150   and I really need to raise this money by April 1st.  Because I know that God has called me to go to Zambia, I am confident that He will also provide a way for me to go.  But I very much want you to be involved with me on this project so that you, too, will be blessed as a result.  Proverbs 19:17 says, that “when you give to the poor, you are lending to God, and that God Himself will repay you”.  Helping me to help these kids is an investment for which God will surely repay you – maybe in this life, but definitely in eternity.  

I know that you probably receive many letters similar to this one asking for support for one mission trip or another.  I also understand that even if you can’t support me financially at this time, I will still have your prayers while I go.  But please, consider the plight of these countless orphans, and give me and them the joy of seeing God’s hand at work to change their lives.  From the testimonies of those who have gone on this trip in previous years, I know that I truly will never be the same for having gone and I will be forever grateful for your willingness to invest in me and in the orphans of Zambia.  So if you are able, please send your tax-deductible gift in the enclosed envelope and be sure to write my name in the memo section.


Thank you so much for your prayers and support and may God deeply bless you!!

Serving HIS Kids,

Brandon Bronaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment