Friday, May 21, 2010

Hurry up and save the world, cuz I'm really tired.

Have you ever noticed how many "New Post" buttons there are on this site? It's like they're begging you to write a new post or something. Well, I just couldn't resist...

School's over for the year. I've never been happier about school ending, or more excited for summer, in my life. It's so awesome. It's actually kinda hard to believe. I don't have to go back to A&M or the corps for three months. The most corps related thing I'll do is recruiting, and I'm not even sure I'm doing that. It's so awesome.

Speaking of corps, I'm a sophomore. This means I have a few more privileges, and I have to yell at and be mean to the fish. That's all. Oh, and my uniform looks a little different. Ok, I'm done talking about the corps for three months.

I went to Tanner Ferris' funeral service today. It was probably the happiest funeral I've been to. Thankfully, I haven't been to many. It wasn't happy, by any means, but I really think that we celebrated Tanner's life a lot, instead of just grieving his absence. His old lady went up and talked about him for a really long time, and he seemed so happy talking about him, in a sad way. That doesn't make sense, but I think you know what I mean. He was sad about Tanner's death, but his memories of him were all great, happy memories. That's how I want to be remembered. I don't want people to be able to talk about my life without laughing or smiling. Shawn's service is going to be next Monday. I think I'm going to that one as well. In case you hadn't heard, two guys, freshmen, from B Company (a band outfit), died in a car accident last Thursday, coming back to A&M from the band river trip. Tanner died at the scene, Shawn died in the hospital. They were two days away from final review. I didn't know either of them really well, but it's still hitting really close to home, because they were freshmen in the band, and I did know them and talk to them. I think I'm done talking about this.

I'm really excited about camp. I have a really full week ahead of me. Tomorrow, or today, whatever, I might be playing some music with Chris and his friend. I don't know, though, because I want to use my good amp, but Chris forgot to call my dad about picking it up, so I might not be able to get it. Saturday is a camp training day, Sunday is church, Monday I get to finally wrap up something I've been working with for months, Tuesday and Wednesday I'm getting cpr and first aid certified, Friday is something, I don't know, maybe a pool party with friends from high school, and then Saturday is Jacob's wedding. After that is when camp starts. That doesn't give me any time to fix my Scout or Mustang... Hmmm... This could be a problem. I'll talk to dad tomorrow. Sometime during all that, I need to get my ankle checked out. Remember how I sprained it back in March? Well it still irritates me when I don't have an Ace bandage on it. I don't think that's a good sign.

Ok, I'm just about done. I was just trying to kill time to wait for KLove's encouraging word to come in. They email it about 2:30 to 2:40 every morning, I think... and there it is in my inbox! 2:37. It's pretty good. It always is. I think you can look it up on their website. You should, cuz you can also sign up for it. It's free. All they do is send you an encouraging verse or two from the Bible every day. It's always encouraging, and it's always good, and sometimes God speaks to you through them. There aren't any ads or anything like that, I don't think, but then again, I haven't really payed any attention. Oh well.

Ok, so, since I'm busy this coming week, and then camp starts, I may not blog very much more for the next three months. Now, that's fine for me, because I'll be at camp, so I won't really need this outlet, but I don't know how yal will take it (all three of you!). Just sit tight, and I'll update when I can/think about it. In the meantime, get onto Hannah or Abby, because they never update their blogs.

Anyways, I think that's it. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. You wondered how the three of us will take it... I'll miss seeing your posts during the summer. You should try and put at least one up every few weeks or so. ;-)

    ReplyDelete