Thursday, December 15, 2011

Done!!

I'm done!! The semester is over! and I can't remember when I've been this excited about break since fish year! The past couple weeks have been rough. Finals were tough, along with other stressful stuff on top of studying. I think they all went pretty well, though. I had three. My last one was Calculus on Monday morning, and before that I had my two engineering classes - materials science and statics & particle dynamics - back to back last Friday morning starting at 7:30. It was rough. Hopefully, I passed all my classes. Yeah, I have super high expectations. Like Brian, who is still making a 4.0. He's ridiculous. I'll be looking for a place that'll hire me while he's looking for the place that wants him the most.

Anyway, school is over, and I get to keep going and going. I'm going to meet up with old friends, make Christmas presents (I want to buy as few as possible this year... we'll see how that works out...), apply for staff for Camp LIFE and raise money for it - I need $1,500 by January 15 - and apply to work at Duncan. I think that's about all I have to do. Oh, and recruiting. I might save that for after the bowl game, when I have my full uniform...

So, God has been teaching me soooo much, not the least of which is how little I actually know. But, I'm finding that He gives me wisdom when I need it. But then again, I guess that's kinda how it works anyway, right? Does anyone have wisdom when they don't need it? Is there ever even a time when you don't need wisdom? I mean, it seems to me that I'm pretty foolish at times, really lacking wisdom, but then at times that I need to be wise, I have that wisdom. I think it's awesome because it's a testimony to the fact that it's God, not me, with the wisdom. If I had wisdom on my own, I would have it all the time, but I don't, I'm only wise when God decides I should be. But, I am also developing godly wisdom by learning and experiencing. It still comes only from God, though. I'm a pretty dumb person, and I'm super thankful for the wisdom God gives me. One thing He's just recently reminded me of is how incredibly big and incredibly loving He is. He's enormous. If you don't believe me, http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/entire/pr2010013a/. He made all that, and we don't even know how much more. And He's so loving, too. He loves us because He is good, not because we deserve it at all. He loves people who don't deserve anything good at all (that's all of us, actually) enough to sacrifice for us to win us back. He is running after us, pursuing us like a man pursues a woman that he knows he is going to marry. He sets after her with confidence and determination, ready to make any sacrifice, pay any cost, fight any fight, suffer any wounds, just to rescue his beauty, and that's exactly what God does for us, the church, His beauty, His bride. He is relentless.

Stuff like that, I've been learning this semester. There's always something more to be learned about God. Always. It will take us all of eternity to fully know Him, and that's exactly what we'll be doing. I'm super excited, and I hope this has got you excited, too, because you should be.

So, I've slept through about 3 of the last 27 or so hours, so... yeah... Goodnight. If I'm still making sense at this point, wow. I'm surprised I can even spell. I'm using backspace a lot. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment