Monday, September 27, 2010

Wake the neighbors, get the word out!

I feel like I've been challenged lately to be more bold about the Gospel. I'm bold about my faith, there's no doubt about that. Everyone knows that there are lots of things that I won't do, and there's no question about it. But when it comes to sharing my faith... That's a little different. I used to be fond of the quote that went something like "Go out and spread the Gospel... if you have to, use words." until someone pointed out how off that really is. Think about it. Say you lived a perfect Christian life, but never talked to anyone about it. Then what? Nothing! No one knows why you act like you do! No one knows why you did what you did! But if you live like you're supposed, and you speak to people about Jesus, it's powerful. I really think God has been trying to tell me this, because I've heard it at least twice in the past week. At Breakaway last Tuesday, a huge portion of what Ben said was about being bold and sincere with the Gospel. If you aren't sincere about the gospel, it's pretty obvious what kind of problems that can lead to. But you can be totally sincere about it, and if you aren't bold, nothing will happen! It won't go anywhere, because you aren't taking it there! If the Word of God is going to reach the people on the streets, someone needs to take it there! In addition to Breakaway, I was able to go to camp this Saturday (awesomeness), and we had a Bible study, which was about...yep, being bold with sharing your faith. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences. So, now I know what I need to do. It's hard, yes, but it can't possibly be harder than what I've gone through already. But I don't know what to do. I mean, how do I be bold? My buddies all know that I'm a Christian. I actually talked to the first sergeant today about this, among other things. He encouraged me to join a small group - something I'm definitely going to do - and talked to me a little about being bold. The only thing is, I still don't know what to do! How do I get the word out? Just go up to my buddies and say "Hey, let me tell you about Jesus"? Do I invite them to a Bible study or to church or something? Just pray for a conversation to head that direction? Take a conversation that direction? I don't really know. I feel like I do know, though. This is confusing...

Check out the Breakaway video of last week. Sorry, I don't have a video of the Bible study at camp. That would be cool...

http://breakawayministries.org/resources
-Profile of a Gospel Minister

No comments:

Post a Comment