Sunday, July 4, 2010

Claim to fame

If you don't think you know anyone famous, well, now you do. If you google Bronaugh, probably the first thing you'll get is Bronaugh, Missouri... or schools, but then the town. Anyways, I had heard of that town, but I found out today that it actually is connected with my family. My great-great-great-great-grandfather (my grandfather's grandfather's grandfather, or grandfather's great-great-grandfather) was a really good friend of Jesse James, the bank robber, or something like that. Supposedly, everyone in that town liked James and his gang, so they would hang out there all the time. It was named after "Wal" Bronaugh. Here

http://www.lyndonirwin.com/wcbronau.htm

I didn't read the whole thing, I just skimmed it. It's probably more right than I am, but I seriously think I'm related to this guy. Plus, his grandfather was named William Bronaugh, and he was a Revolutionary War Patriot. That would've been so cool if he had gotten into history books, even if it was just a sentence or so. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment